Part A - Personal Interview & Opinions
The Personal Interview & Opinions part takes about 10 minutes.
It starts with personal questions and continues with aviation related questions. In this section, you are also asked questions about your professional life. Based on your answers, the examiner can ask you more related questions.
You may also be asked to read out the letters and numbers displayed on the screen before the questions are asked to you.
You can find sample audios for Part A below:
The questions listed below are questions that have been asked or likely to be directed in the actual exam.
Personal Questions & Opinions
- Name Surname? Your License number?
- What is your nationality and country of residence?
- Please state if you are a student pilot or if you are a qualified pilot? If you are a qualified pilot, are you a captain or First Officer?
- What is the date for today? Which day is it?
- What is your marital status?
- What would you be, if you were not a pilot?
- Why pilotage?
- What was the reason behind your decision of becoming a pilot?
- Could you tell me about your pilot training?
- Which trainings do you have to take for ATPL license?
- Why do you have to fly at least 100 hours of solo?
- Why do you think you have to fly in different airfields during your training?
- What is the best and worst part of your training/ your school/ your pilotage course?
- Which part of the course is the most important part?
- Which part is the most challenging part during theoretical training?
- Are some parts of the training more difficult than others?
- Could you tell me about the aircraft you have flown during your training? Which one was your favourite?
- What does PPL stand for? (Cevaplarınızda kısaltma kullanıyorsanız bunların ne anlama geldiği ve nerede ya da ne için kullanıldığı sorulabilir.)
- Could you please tell me about your first solo flight?
- How do you think flight training has changed today? What are the differences in flight training compared to the past?
- For what purpose will you use your license in the future?
- What would you paint if you painted on an aircraft?
- Which company do you work for?
- Are you happy with your current company and why?
- What was your first day at work like?
- How long have you been flying?
- How many flight hours do you have? In which company?
- What do you find hardest about your job?
- What do you do for being a healthy pilot? What are your precautions for your health?
- What do you think about English standard in Turkish aviation?
- How long do you think it takes to become an experienced pilot?
- What is the most difficult part of pilotage?
- What is the best part of becoming a pilot?
- Do you enjoy some flights more than others?
- Do you prefer to fly during the day or at night? Why?
- How will your flight change in the future?
- How do you see the future of General Aviation?
- How do you see the future of Commercial Aviation?
- How do you handle stress in your professional life?
- How does stress affect pilots?
- Since you are a pilot, what changes happened in technology?
- What do you like and dislike about recovery training?
- What do you think about irregular working hours?
- What do you think about ATC in this country?
- What do you think about Phraseology in aviation?
- What do you think about people overreacting on the plane?
- What is your biggest worry while flying?
- What do you think about using electrical devices during flight?
- What do you think about the third airport which was constructed in Istanbul?
- In your opinion, which phase of the flight is more dangerous: landing or take off?
- Do you agree with the technologies that will replace pilots in the future? Why? Why not?
- Talk about the most beautiful airport you have ever landed at.
- What type of aircraft do you want to fly and why?
- Of all the cities you have visited as a pilot, which is your favourite?
- Which route would you prefer to fly, domestic or international? Why?
- Describe your most memorable flight.
- Do you think old aircrafts are safe for flight?
- Why do you think you are level 4/5/6?
- How will/did Corona virus affect the aviation industry?
- What does your family think about your job?
- What would be your advice to those who want to become a pilot?
- What measures does your company take for security?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What do you think makes you a pilot?
- What would you do, if you no longer fly due to medical reasons?
- How are the medical exams done?
- Who influences or supports you for this job?
- When you become a pilot, where would you like to travel first and why?
- Why does flying satisfy you?
- Why do you like flying?
- What are you doing nowadays?
- Which situation do you encounter or scared the most while flying?
- Describe what happened in your last simulator?
- What type of aircraft do you fly?
- Do animals pose a danger to flight? Do animals put flight safety in danger? (bird strike)
- Describe yourself?
- Describe your first flight?
- Describe your last flight?
- What is the difference between general aviation and commercial aviation?
- Describe what happened in your last solo flight?
Prepared by: Zehra Buberoğlu